DOGS READY TO TAKE BACK COLUMBUS WITH AKC MEET THE BREEDS®
– Tickets on sale now for the biggest pet event in town –
NEW YORK, September 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Tickets are on sale NOW for Columbus’ first AKC Meet the Breeds®when arriving at Great Columbus Congress Palace Saturday, October 15, 2022, 9 am – 5 p.m.. The American Kennel Club® (AKC) is bringing this educational event to Columbus to give attendees the unique opportunity to meet and play with a variety of different dog breeds while learning about responsible pet ownership and how to find the best breed(s) for their lifestyle directly from the experts . The event is sponsored by YuMOVE, the official dog supplement of the American Kennel Club, The Farmer’s Dog and Nationwide®. From Affenpinschers to Yorkshire Terriers, this canine extravaganza is fun for the whole family.
- Meet and Play with tons of different dog breeds in stalls that describe each breed’s country of origin, historical purpose/function
- Discover new breeds and talk to breed experts to determine which dog will suit their lifestyle
- Learn about responsible pet ownership
- See fun and entertaining demonstrations of dog sports and working dogs showing off their skills
- Engage in unique activities such as testing your agility skills in our interactive fun zone. Participants can also take part in games and photo ops with the whole family.
The event is open to the general public and is perfect for the whole family. Admission is $10 for kids, $20 for adults and $15 for students, seniors and military. Upgraded VIP entry is also available. The tickets are on sale now! Use promotional code PAWS to $5 on all general admission tickets.
“We are delighted to organize this event Columbus“, said the executive secretary of the AKC Gina DiNardo. “We look forward to introducing attendees to new breeds and giving them the chance to play up close with their favorites. The event is sure to be fun for the whole family!”
Not only will you be able to meet and play with many different dog breeds, but there will also be exciting demonstrations that showcase dog athleticism and work ethic, including:
- Agility – Watch these super talented dogs navigate an obstacle course of jumps, weaves and tunnels courtesy of Columbus All Breed Training Club.
- Obedience – Experience the precision work of competitive obedience dogs as they heel, retrieve and demonstrate how dogs can progress from basic skills to the next level skills offered by the Columbus All Breed Training Club.
- disc dog – Enjoy this fast and fun sport that takes fetch play to a whole new level, brought to you by Southern Ohio Flying K9s.
- Rally – Experience this thrilling sport that’s both skill and thrill as dogs and their owners navigate an obedience task course courtesy of the Columbus All Breed Training Club.
- Perfume work – The nose knows! See dogs use their natural abilities to locate a scent and communicate to their handler that it has been found, presented by the Columbus All Breed Training Club.
- Protect our community – Meet members of the Mansfield Police Department’s K-9 unit and watch their amazing skills in action!
- AKC Trick Dog – These aren’t your average trick dogs! Watch these canine companions perform tricks such as crawling on the ground, walking on their hind legs, dancing and more, courtesy of the Columbus All Breed Training Club.
There will also be tons of activities for kids of all ages, including:
- AKC Patch Program – an interactive treasure hunt designed to introduce children to purebred dogs.
- fun and games – kids can play Plinko, take selfies in the selfie area, color and craft, and visit the mini shop with plush toys and more!
- Art Contest Winners – see the works of art created by the students around Columbus who are the finalists and winners of the AKC Art Contest.
For images of previous Meet the Breeds events held across the country, click HERE.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit our website here.
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a nonprofit organization that maintains the largest purebred dog registry in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in United States. The AKC is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs, and breeding for type and function. With its more than 5,000 chartered and member clubs and affiliated organizations, the AKC champions the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and welfare, strives to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. Over 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred and mixed breed dogs are held each year under AKC rules and regulations, including conformation, agility, obedience, rallying, tracking , herding, lure racing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and land dog tests. Organizations affiliated with the AKC include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite, and AKC Museum of the Dog. AKC clubs comprise America’s largest lifesaving network. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all related marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks, and service marks of American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
SOURCE American Kennel Club