Petco Opens One-Stop Holiday Shop to Help Pets and Pet Parents “Make More Fun” All Season Long
Petco’s vacation collection is bigger than ever before because more pet parents plan to involve pets in holiday gifts, up from last year
SAN DIEGO, October 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Nearly 80% of pet owners plan to include their pets in holiday gifts and the majority continue to be more excited about celebrating the season with their pets. company than other family members, including their parents, siblings and in-laws.* This year, Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc. (Nasdaq: WOOF) is making the holidays even more special for pets pets and their parents with the new More and happier collection and more convenient ways to shop, experience and give back this season. Petco aims to inspire pet parents to step up their celebrations and “Make More Merry” together, not only with the new collection, but also with its live social commerce event and first appearance at the 96th Petco Fashion Show. Macy’s Thanksgiving.®.
“Having our pets by our side as we celebrate the holidays is part of what makes this time of year so magical,” said Amy College, director of merchandising at Petco. “We have further expanded our holiday collection this year to offer a greater assortment of pet gifts of different types and sizes, and celebrations such as Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and New Years, so parents of animals can find what they are looking for. at all prices throughout the season.”
With over 500 products included, Petco’s holiday collection is bigger than ever and features festive toys and apparel, cozy home decor and seasonal treats. With most items priced below $19.99, pet owners can find the best value for anything on their pets’ wish list. And, as holiday preparations begin even earlier, Petco is making it easy to include pets in all holiday festivities:
- Gifts and treats for all occasions: Nearly 75% of pet owners say they typically get toys for their pets for the holidays.* Start the holiday countdown with advent calendars galore for dogs, cats and small animals. Iconic gifts like a naughty pickle dog toy and elf cat costume are must-haves, while classic and affordable gifts like tennis ball and one puzzle toy were dressed for the holidays. Premium freebies such as teaser chat Santa Claus and Nutcracker Toys with handcrafted details are perfect for pets that made the hot list this year. Pet parents can also jazz up their pets’ Hanukkah with a plush rope menorah and dreidel cat teaserand celebrate the whole season with a Thanksgiving Cat Toy Set and New Year’s photobooth kit. Treats inspired by favorite desserts such as gourmet holiday donuts, carob truffles and macaroons are sure to delight pup’s palettes.
- Home for the holidays: Pets and their parents can snuggle up in style with a pet house bedmatching equipment like pajamas (for pets and pet parents) and socksas well as a throwing set of RedPetco’s premium lifestyle and fashion brand. Customizable ornaments, down and cookie making kits help create an unforgettable season of bonding with furry family members.
- Reddy for adventure: Getting ready for winter means getting ready to snuggle up in style, strut the streets for snowy adventures, and travel in comfort. The Reddy Foldable Baby Carrier is a sleek, lightweight and durable option for securing pets on the go, while the Reddy travel bag has all the road trip essentials, from a collapsible bowl to a rubber waste bag portal for seamless pickups. The brand offers essential products for the winter season, including hand warmer wires and PrimaLoft® dog down jackets, Hats and scarves for humans and seamless socks for dogs, as well as party ornaments and new dog beds and blankets with CBD-infused fabrics launched this month. Additionally, Reddy’s premier toy assortment features durable and modern designs, such as the twist tug toy and treat dispenser cone toy.
- Health and happiness, all year round: Celebrate the holiday season with savings, wellness and peace of mind. Petco’s Vital care monthly membership offers Friends Rewards and savings for dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles and small pets. Pets can also prepare for a season of fun with a grooming and coaching session, and it is important to ensure that animals are up to date on their vaccines before travelling.
- Giving Season: While sharing the joys of the season, join Petco Love by giving back to pets in need. Pet parents who donate $10 or more at checkout to save animal lives will receive a free set of gift tags with portraits of real, adopted, and donating animals $20 or more will receive a free pack of greeting cards with these portraits. **For more information on how Petco Love is giving back this season and their lifesaving work throughout the year, visit PetcoLove.org.
“Remembering what matters most during the holiday season is more important than ever,” said Katie Nauman, director of marketing at Petco. “We’re here to help pet lovers bring all the animals in their lives into the holiday fun, while helping them get the most out of it.” Petco’s unique shopping experience at petco.com and our more than 1,500 Pet Care Centers allows us to guide pet owners through all the key holiday moments – from feasting to decorating. searching for the perfect gift, going through the hustle and bustle of the holidays and even getting ready to bring home a new pet.”
Pet parents looking for the perfect holiday gifts can log on to Petco’s Youtube channel on Tuesday, November 1 at 5:00 p.m. PST for a live social commerce event hosted by celebrities, pet parents and Yum co-founders Jonathan Van Ness and Antoni Porowski. Additionally, for the first time, Petco will join Macy’s 96th Thanksgiving Parade, which will air on NBC and Telemundo and air on Peacock. Thursday, November 24 of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PST.
Pet parents can shop easily at Petco, with options like online purchase, in-store pickup, curbside pickup, and same-day delivery. Petco’s More & Merrier Vacation Collection is currently available at petco.com/vacation and via the Petco App, rolling out to Petco Pet Care Centers across the country by early November.
*Stats from the 2022 Petco Consumer Survey of 1,000 dog and cat parents in the United States.
**Available in store via February 2023 while stocks last.
About Petco, The Health + Wellness Co.
Founded in 1965, Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents, and our own Petco Partners. We have consistently set new standards in pet care while providing comprehensive pet wellness products, services and solutions, and building communities that deepen the pet-pet bond. . We operate more than 1,500 pet care centers in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico, which provide merchandise, pets, grooming, training and a growing network of veterinary hospitals on site and mobile veterinary clinics. Our comprehensive pet health and wellness ecosystem can be accessed through our pet care centers and digitally at petco.com and on the Petco App. In tandem with Petco Love (formerly the Petco Foundation), an independent, nonprofit organization, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country, and through in-store adoption events, we’ve helped find homes for more than 6.5 million animals.
SOURCE Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc.