SOX CLINCH + Carjacking Ring + Chicago Dog Bloodys + Sex Shop
Happy friday! It’s a big day on the south side! The The White Sox are linked to the playoffs after winning the Central Division of the American League for the first time since 2008. Click on this link to get the official AL Central Champs equipment, perfect for visiting your Friends fans of Cubs.
Are you a local business owner or merchant in Chicago? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
Sox-y with a chance of rain overnight. High: 76 Low: 51
The top 5 of the day
- The The White Sox won the Central American League Thursday afternoon in a 7-2 victory over the Cleveland Indians in Game 1 of a doubles program. “I’m just glad we took care of business, ” Tim Anderson All-Star Shortstop said, wearing a Central Division Champions T-shirt. (Room)
- You might consider celebrating a White Sox clinch playoff berth by repairing you a Chicago Hot Dog Bloody Mary for brunch this weekend. For $ 54.95, you can buy DIY kit with almost any toppings – Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix, smoked beef sticks, sport peppers and celery salt and personalized mason jars on the Viennese beef website. Sorry, vodka not included. (Room)
- Almost 10% of Chicago Public School students did not show up for the first day of class this year. Students stranded due to a shortage of bus drivers may have contributed to a drop in enrollment on day one. Attendance rebounded some in the second week of school, but a more complete picture of the CPS enrollment status will not be available until next week. (Chalk beat)
- A carjacking in the old town near the prestigious (and outrageously expensive) Latin school is connected to a citywide carjacking squad. CWB Chicago reported that the man who had his $ 75,000 Audi SUV Ripped Off By Bandit refused to lay felony charges because he couldn’t pick the man who was arrested in a police queue. The man caught in the stolen car was charged with misdemeanors. (CCB)
- a Andersonville sex shop always turns people on after 20 years. “I keep thinking that we will become useless because of the Internet”, Goes to bed early said owner Searah Deysach. “Twenty years later, we’re still answering the same questions about people’s sex and bodies.” (Block the club)
Today’s Chicago Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you, Verizon, for sponsoring this community resource in Chicago!
Friday is for fun in Chicago:
- Rufus Wainwright and José Gonzalez at the Chicago Theater (8 p.m.)
- Western City Art Walk starts Friday afternoon and lasts weekends. (5:00 p.m.)
- Renaissance Marching Band at the martyr’s (8 p.m.)
- She the people to the second city (8 p.m.)
- Heartless Bastards at Lincoln Hall (8 p.m.)
- Town hall pushes again to get 77 percent of Chicagoans have piped. (Block the club)
- President Joe Biden is set to visit Chicago next week to encourage vaccination mandates by private companies. (Room)
- Check out these views from the bench on day 1 of Blackhawks training camp. (Facebook)
- Contrary to what you have heard in Bridgeport, Twitter) . (
- Meet Kennedi, the Lincoln Park Zoo’s Snow Leopard. Photo of #FromAKeeper, Jill Dignan (Facebook)
- 75 Afghan children have arrived in Chicago be reunited as a family. (Room)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Lincoln Park Health & Wellness Weekend (September 25)
- 2-Day Basic AR-15 Rifle Training Course $ 300 OR $ 150 (September 26)
- A zoo in the Sukkah ?! (September 26)
- Lifetime: 8 week goal setting + empowerment program (Oct 3)
- Concealed Firearms Training in Illinois (October 9)
- A Tribute to Lynn Harrell (October 14)
- Add your event
Thanks for starting your day with me. Tell your friends, send them this link to subscribe.
– Mark Konkol